Monday, June 28, 2010

STANDING TALL

Tonight I was playing with Carter on our living room floor and watching him crawl around after his toys. I decided that it would be a good time to take a video of him crawling and got my camera. As the camera was "rolling," Carter crawled over to the ottoman and stood up! Just like that...as if he had being doing so all his life. He had been pulling himself up on objects that are below the height of his waist, but tonight was the first time he was able to pull himself up on such a large item. Later that evening (after he had gone to bed) I opened his bedroom door a crack to peek in to see if he was sleeping and there he was - standing up and chewing on the top crib rail. I ran to grab my camera and when he saw me through the door he started to cry as if his heart was going to break. He was crying so hard he was gasping for air and his little body was trembling. Crying for Mommy is getting to be a nightly event for us. I try not to pick him up when he does this, but tonight he was just so upset. After cuddling him, I ended up letting him fall asleep in his swing with a bottle and then transferred him to his crib once he had been sleeping for awhile. I think this is really becoming a bad habit.