Saturday, September 18, 2010

BAD TEMPER + CONCRETE ENTRANCE = BAD ACCIDENT

Carter and I were having a great time this morning. We both woke up in a good mood. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. I spent the morning on the floor with him doing lots of "rough and tumble" play. Carter also walked/took lots of steps at different times this morning. (He just started walking yesterday.) He ate his breakfast and I gave him a bath. Late in the morning I packed his diaper bag and my camera gear so that we could spend the day with Grandma. After getting everything and everyone ready, I put Carter on the living room floor with a toy and a bottle so that I could run our things out to the car. Well, this made Carter angry because he didn't want me to leave him behind. I could see that he was having a temper tantrum and I made sure that the glass front door was tightly latched behind me...or so I thought. I went as fast as I could because I could hear him crying behind me (I actually ran to the car). When I got to the car, I threw all the stuff into the front seat, and then locked and shut the car door. By the time I spun around I could see Carter pushing the glass door open and trying to crawl between the door and the door post. Before I could get to him, Carter became wedged, lost his balance and slammed his face into the outside concrete entrance way. His nose was bleeding and he now has a really bad abrasion on his forehead. He was crying so hard he couldn't breath. My poor sweet baby! I held and rocked him until he stopped crying. I then let him call Grandma and "tell" her all about it over the phone.