Saturday, March 20, 2010

CARTER & FRIENDS



In three days Carter will be 7 months old.  Therefore, this is his 7 month photo shoot. He is just learning to sit up and can do so for about 40-50 seconds before toppling over. Setting up this "photo shoot" took a little bit of time and a lot of patience with the subject. Surprised  He kept falling over as soon as I took my hand off of him - lol! To get this shot, I taped the stuffed animals to my bed with packaging tape, I put my camera on a tripod and set it on the timer mode to take 10 sequential photos each 1 second apart. Needless to say, I had a lot of photos to delete afterwords.  I got the idea for this picture from The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Children by Jim Miotke.  I purchased this book prior to Carter's birth and I knew when I saw his version of the photo that I wanted to try and replicate it.  I think it turned out well.

Much thanks to Carter's cousins who so graciously loaned their stuffed animals for today's pictures...and much thanks to Carter for not peeing all over Mommy's bed!

Carter is eating a little pureed baby food now - mainly apples, bananas and pears mixed sometimes with a little bit of oatmeal. He still gages and chokes a lot on his food which a little scary.  I read that this is all perfectly normal though. I tried feeding him rice, but he seems to have a reaction to it so I’m going to hold off for a while on this. I’ve tried giving Carter a sippy cup which was given to us by WIC, but he chokes on the fast flowing liquid and he cannot figure out how to suck on the hard plastic sipper.