Saturday, January 30, 2010

SAM & ALYSSA'S WEDDING


SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW!!! We've had a lot of snow this winter. Today is Alyssa and Sam's wedding day and Aunt Lori asked me to take some pictures because Aunt Vera couldn't be at their wedding. Carter and I just kind of laid around the house until it was time to get ready to go to the wedding. He was doing his tummy time this morning when he rolled over again. This is the second time I've seen him roll over. It happened while I was wiping his nose. He was already unhappy that I'd put him on his belly to play and it made him even angrier when I leaned over to clean him up. Carter has a temper. This is why I call him my "bear cub" or "tiger kitty cat." Sometimes he really snarls and growls like a wild animal too - LOL!!! Anyway, I do wish that I could help him enjoy his "tummy time" more. I'm also hoping that he will learn to roll over more often. At the same time I keep telling myself to enjoy this time while he is so little and not to pressure him to mature and grow up too fast. Because it snowed so much last night, it made traveling the roads difficult for my little Honda. I bundled Carter up and packed up all my gear for the journey over to the church which wasn't too far away. It took a little while to get there though because my car kept getting stuck in the snow. It did make me a little nervous to tires squealing while they tried to find some traction. It was so cold outside that nobody else was on the road except for one ambulance who passed by me. When Carter and I arrived at the church there was nobody there. We had to wait outside for several minutes before somebody from the church let us in. I had everything set up and ready to go by the time everyone started to arrive. Different members of my family held Carter while I took pictures before the ceremony and my cousin Seth held Carter during the ceremony. Sam's dad was the officiant and the ceremony didn't last very long. Alyssa was so beautiful today and I felt a little teary-eyed watching the two of them say their vows. I hope Sam realizes what a great wife he's getting. I remember when Alyssa was just a baby. I think that I was 11 or 12 when she was born. When her family moved to North Carolina, I was so excited. She was an adorable baby and much loved by everyone who knows her. I wish Alyssa and her new groom a wonderful and happy life together. They are expecting their first little one this June. Sometimes I really like my camera and other times I don't. Today was one of those "don't" days. I did the best I could, but my camera's incapability and my inexperience really put a damper on things for me today. I would have liked to have done more creative photography of today's events. Oh well! Perhaps Sam's brother got better pictures since I think his camera was nicer than mine. Hopefully he's a better photographer than me.