Saturday, July 3, 2010

INDEPENDENCE DAY part 1

I took these pictures of Carter today at the pretty gazebo across from the Methodist church near the Fairgrove Fire Department and elementary school. This is his 10 month photo shoot. It was a beautiful evening, but so hot. It's been a super hot summer this year. I usually only take Carter outside to play early in the morning or late in the evening. Rachel went with us and assisted me in the process.  She's really learning how to be a good "photography assistant." 




Carter is such a funny little guy.  At 10 months old he is getting into everything. Gone are the days of planting him in one spot and walking away to do a chore. He can move so fast now and I have to really supervise him. He is crawling and pulling himself up on furniture, large toys, etc...

I'm in the process of trying to get him to drink from a sippy cup, but thus far I've not been very consistent in my training.  Carter still prefers his bottle and fusses if I give him a sippy cup.  This is going to have to change though because soon (sometime in the next 4-5 weeks) I will take his bottle completely away and start him on whole milk. 

Carter loves to laugh, squeal and shout. He's a happy little fellow and he talks constantly in baby language.  I think he gets this from his Daddy, but maybe a little bit of it comes from me too! LOL.

One funny thing that he does is he picks up each one of his toys and talks to it, chews it, plays with it and then throws it down and goes to the next one.  He really loves his toys and plays with all of them every day.

Carter has started taking his baths in the regular bathtub which he loves.  He gets on his belly and kicks his legs, which reminds me of a tadpole or large frog.  I think his practicing his "butterfly stroke" - cute!!!

Carter loves it when Daddy plays with him.  They wear each other out.  Daddy flies Carter around the room like an airplane and sings "As God as my pilot I will fly safely home, fly safely home, fly safely home..." Carter loves this song and fun ride and he squeals in delight.

Carter is desperate to learn to walk.  It's so much fun to watch him hold onto my hands as he walks, trots, skips and jumps as we go around the room. He has a funny little quirky walk and it reminds me of Hitler's solders - remember how they swung their legs high into the air? This is what Carter looks like....so adorable!

Carter is changing so fast and I can hardly believe that he's almost a year old.  Time has gone by so quickly.  As I type this I'm crying softly that my little baby is almost a toddler.  I can say with all honesty that this has been the absolute best year of my life. Watching Carter grow has been an amazing and life changing experience.  I never want this special time to end.  I love my little man with all of my heart and I want to relish every moment with him.  I guess this is why I take so many pictures - it's because I'm so afraid that my memory will fade and I will be left to live the rest of my life not remembering what Carter was like as a little boy.