Thursday, July 22, 2010

WALKING & LEAPING & PRAISING GOD

Everyone who's acquainted with Carter knows that he loves to bounce. He truly is a "bouncy baby boy."  Anyway, Wilson came over for his bi-weekly visit tonight and the two of them went bouncing (leaping) around the living room. Today he sung a new song to Carter called "Silver and Gold Have I None."  It goes like this:

Peter and John went to pray,

They met a lame man on the way
He asked for alms and held out his palms
And this is what Peter did say

“Silver and gold have I none,
But such as I have give I thee.
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
Rise up and walk!”

He went walking and leaping
And praising God,

Walking and leaping and praising God.

“In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
Rise up and walk!”

Carter really looked like he was leaping and he laughed and laughed as Wilson bounced him around the room. He thinks his Daddy is great fun and he loves it when Wilson plays a little rough with him. Wilson and I sing lots of Bible songs to Carter because we want to fill his young mind with good information that will be of use to him in the future. Songs are easy to learn and remember.  I still remember many songs that I learned in Sunday School and VBS.  I believe that even simple Bible songs have a lesson to learn.

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."