Saturday, July 31, 2010

OH NO!!! WHAT'S THAT NOISE?

I’ve been working on getting everything ready for Carter’s birthday for several weeks now.  On the weekends we have been spending hours at Mom’s house doing various craft projects. This morning we didn’t leave her house until 2:00 a.m.  I was so exhausted and was having a difficult staying awake. It is about a 35 minute drive between our two houses.  Carter was in the back seat drinking his bottle and drifting back to sleep - or so I thought.  We were halfway home when I started hearing strange noises from behind me.  It sounded unusual at first and I was slowly going through all of the records in my mind trying to figure out what it was.  I was half asleep and my mind was not working at full capacity when all of a sudden it dawned on me that maybe Carter was choking!  But on what??? Panic set in as I reached behind me to feel his face in the dark.  When I touched him he made the noise again.  So strange. It sounded like a clicking noise.  Perhaps he was choking on a piece of a plastic bag? Or maybe he was intentionally making those noises.  So instead of pulling over, I clicked my tongue and guess what? So did he! I clicked my tongue again and he followed with a click.  This was so funny.  Here we were driving out in the middle of nowhere in the dark and my little boy was playing a game with me.  We continued this funny game for several minutes before he got tired and went to sleep.